Ein Zuhause weg von daheim
Schloss Krumbach International School is a boarding school, a home away from home, and we take residential comfort and safety of our students with utmost care and attention to detail.
With a balanced 6-meals-a-day nutrition, daily sports, a wide range of extracurricular activities, and a multicultural support to the academics, Schloss Krumbach students are always on a path of steady growth, whether intellectually, culturally or physically.
Schloss Krumbach International School sets a new benchmark within the category of highest quality and sophisticated boarding education.
The school building is a castle situated on a hilltop between two forest reserves overlooking the village of Krumbach, which is about a one-hour drive from Vienna. Our dormitories are a love from the first sight. Students live in light spacious rooms of 22-40 m2, on average, that have been converted from a luxury hotel. Girls and boys occupy separate residential blocks.
Given our past as a luxury 5* star hotel and spaciousness of a castle, we make sure our students thrive not only academically but also physically. Again, rather than being confined in their rooms and houses, at our boarding school students move around the premises feely, enjoy sunshine, fresh air, outdoor and indoor sports, and so much more.
Join our Head of Boarding, Dragana Djujic Cirkovic, as she explains all the nuances of residential and boarding life at SKIS.
Food & Nutrition
Eating healthy is living healthy. At SKIS, we have created an extraordinarily well-balanced and effective approach to ensuring a healthy nutrition and cultivating eating habits amongst our students. Meals are provided at the school’s dining hall on a full board basis.
Learn more with our incredible chef and a head of kitchen team, Manijeh Shukury.
Sicherheit & Gesundheit
Security systems and guards on campus ensure that our students live in a safe environment. There are also teachers and staff at the school to make sure the children are properly supervised at all times, both in and out of class. There are doctors available in the village of Krumbach.
Students have the right to be isolated from the adults’ experiences. At SKIS:
– Students live according to a balanced daily routine that includes studying, sport, meals, leisure and student leadership.With a balanced 6-meals-a-day nutrition, daily sports and a wide range of extracurricular activities to support the academics, SKIS students are always on a path of steady growth, whether intellectually, culturally or physically.
– All electronic devices are prohibited (with the exception of school laptops, computers, calculators, various experimentation equipment and IP phones in the children’s rooms to enable them to keep in touch with their parents at all times).
– Alcohol, vapes, cigarettes, drugs and other similar substances are prohibited – and nowhere to get!
– There is a procedure in place for the approval, dispensing and use of medication when children need it for health reasons.
– Swearing at school is a disciplinary offense.
– Any manifestations of racism, xenophobia, chauvinism is prohibited.
– 24/7 security is ensured through the use of CCTVs and constant supervision by staff.
A School That Cares
It is the right of children to grow, develop and thrive, shielded from the negative and addictive aspects of the world around. It is also their right to benefit from the positive, kind, and age-appropriate parts of life, such as:
– Being healthy with a balanced 6-meals-a-day menu
– Keeping active via morning exercises, evening walks, daily sports
– Reading books and watching films, followed by discussions with peers and teachers
– Taking part in and organizing a range of activities, events, balls, plays, games, social gatherings
– Visiting theaters, concerts, museums, getting to know the wealth of world culture in Austria, Europe and beyond
Our students are well-read, principled, and intelligent. They speak up about what they know and know what they are talking about.
Logistik & Transport
The school’s address is: Schloss 1, 2851 Krumbach, which is about a one-hour drive from Vienna.
School buses are available for the study trips, which enables mobility and flexibility in travel planning.